Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Gallery Exhibition

So last weeked I was able to make it to Atlanta for the opening night festivities for the Hipstographs: Experiments in Hi-Fi Lo-Fi Photography at Gallery M in Atlanta. This gallery showing was probably the largest mobile phone photography exhibition in the U.S. to date. I was really excited about attending this event for a few reasons.
Reason 1: 20 of my Hipstamatic prints were part of the exhibition.
Reason 2: I was excited to see the works of others, and to meet other camera phone addicts.
Reason 3: A road trip is always a postive experience.
Reason 4. I had never spent time in Atlanta

The gallery event was a huge success. So much time and effort was put into it by my friend Christopher, and everyone that attended seemed pleased with the outcome. The only drawback to the night was from Mother Nature. The heat and humidity were pretty extreme.
I left Atlanta a few days later even more inspired.

1 comment: