Monday, May 16, 2011

New lenses and a new film.

I was on my way to see the band TV on the Radio when I did a refresh on my phone and realized Hipstamatic had just released the Bondi pak. A Ben Watts lens and the Big Up film. Now I had a major decision to make. Go see the band or go try out the new combo. TV on the Radio won out, but after the show I was walking back to my car when I passed what would be the fourth shot taken with the new combo.

This is the downtown Holiday Inn in San Diego. This hotel actually has a special meaning to me. I used to stay here with my parents when I was a little kid and were visiting San Diego for my dad's work. Something about this hotel being round in design and offering views to the Pacific Ocean made it one of my favorite places to stay as a child.

Many years later and now living in San Diego and enjoying the Hipstamatic experience, I realize I haven't changed a whole lot. I still like tall buildings and I still like good views. Even if they are in the dark.

Lens: Watts  Film: Big Up  FLash: Off

No comments:

Post a Comment