Thursday, May 19, 2011

Growing older

This week I learned the sad news that the mother of one of my best friends had passed away from a stroke. Death seems to always get the brain working on one's own mortality. It just seems like yesterday I was hanging out in my friend's bedroom listening to music and having his mom knocking on the door every 15 minutes just to make sure we knew she was only going to tolorate so much shit from us. There was a time his mom caught us smoking clove cigarettes in his bedroom. She knew full well what we were doing, but she acted naive and just told us to quit playing with candles. She was a part of my childhood and well into my adulthood.
She was the one that told my mom that I had been driving my dad's Corvette over 100mph with her son fearfully trapped in the passenger seat. She was also the one who let me work helping deliver flowers for her floral shop on Valentines Day. A missed day of school for me and some pretty nice tips. She was there during the bad and the good. She will be missed.
Today was another day I realized that life is flying by and it only seems to move faster each year.
Lens: John S Film: BlacKeys SuperGrain Flash: Off

No comments:

Post a Comment