Monday, June 18, 2012

No shoes.... No auto parts

Recently I was visiting my dad up north and decided to make a few auto part junkyard stops while I was there. I was hoping to find a missing part to my girlfriend's car. The town I grew up is a bit rough around the edges. Dollar stores, pot shops, cigarette stores, way too may tattoo parlors and a street filled with junkyards.

Pulling up to U Pick U Save, I was ready to pick. The only problem was is that I was wearing flip flops aka: thongs or sandals. I was wondering if that was going to be a problem. Sure enough...it was a problem. The guy at the entrance told me that open toed shoes or sandals couldn't come in due to safety reasons. But I was in luck he told me. They had a rental pair of shoes for only $2.00. Hooray!

So I began to do the math: drive home and get some shoes and waste $10.00 in gas, or just rent the junkyard shared rental shoes. Being a cheap guy, I made the decision to risk any potential fungus or athletes foot.
Amazingly the shoes were an 11. I was in luck because I too am an 11. So it was on with the shoes (no socks of course) and into a football field size of junked vehicles.


I never found what I was looking for, but I also didn't seem to catch any foot disease. All said and done it was $2 well spent for some interesting photo opportunities.


1 comment:

  1. Dewsbury Auto salvage ltd are leading car breakers and car parts supplier in UK.

    http://www.dewsburyautosalvage.com/

    ReplyDelete